Wednesday, May 5, 2010

111 Posts

I've been avoiding this space because I have nothing good to say. For the last 11 weeks, the spouse has been working in Baltimore. He comes home on weekends exhausted. For the next couple of weekends, our schedules will be such that we will barely see one another, first with me traveling then with him traveling.

Because I spend the week home alone eating unsatisfying food, I often want to eat out on weekends. The spouse eats out for all of his meals all week, and probably wants delicious home cooked meals when he is home. It's quite frustrating, because I feel guilty for not cooking good food for him while he is home. While I usually enjoy preparing elaborate meals, I hate that I will spend a lot of time on a given weekend day in the kitchen preparing meals or cleaning up after one. There are also the normal weekend chores to attend to...laundry, housecleaning, etc. Yes, I do it all, from food shopping to clean up. I'm going to stop this train of thought now, before I start getting pissed that I've essentially become a professional housekeeper.

I am kind of hating life right now.

I am also hovering in indecision on many things, some big, some small. One small thing: should I even continue to post here? I enjoy Twittering a bit more. I like Flickr as well. But the blog, eh. No one reads it, and I don't blame them. I've even considered deleting my Facebook account. I won't, though, because I am seriously addicted to the Scrabble.

1 comment:

  1. Keep it going. Even if it's sporadic.
    Also, please, do not leave facebook.

    ReplyDelete