Friday, April 16, 2010

It's been a while.

The last time I spent extended alone time with a toddler was many, many years ago. I was an ace aunt, I rocked the cool toys, I knew all the cool toddler shows (Blues Clues, with Steve, and Bear in the Big Blue House). Then those toddler nieces and nephews grew big. But lo, their mom, my sister, decided to produce a new kid and I'm spending the day with him tomorrow. It's an overnight visit. Just me and him. His uncle will be lurking about the homestead, of course, but Uncle CPM is pretty hands off when it comes to the kiddies.

The forecast calls for a little bit of rain, but I'm going to be brave and take him to the zoo anyway (yes, by myself). I just renewed my zoo membership and the kid loves him some monkeys. My goal is to wear him out. I have a feeling it will be me that is worn out before the day is done.

P4030479

No comments:

Post a Comment