Monday, July 13, 2009

Change! Is! Good!

Hey, internet, I cut my hair:
New Hair

Well, I didn't do it personally. Patrick at Gary Charles did it. And he did a great job, I think. I haven't had my hair this short in about 7 years. I'm still doing the double take whenever I pass a reflective surface and catch a glimpse of my profile. I'm also remembering my cow-licks. Hey cow-licks! Nice to see you again. Thanks for sticking up straight in the air like bug antennae!

***This is transition people...perhaps I should write more than one blog post per week!

Last week was CPM's 33rd birthday. I got him lots of little stuff, nothing big. For instance, he asked for a vintage Gibson Trini Lopez guitar. Instead he got a freezer paper stencil t-shirt of our dog's silhouette.
Freezer Paper Stencil
Yeah, I'm just a good gift giver, if by "good" you mean someone who will just give you what I think you should get and not what you ask for. But I took him to Blue Sage for dinner. And we ate like kings! Kings! See below:
Thai Carrot Bisque
Thai Carrot Bisque from Blue Sage
Salad Casbah
Salad Casbah from Blue Sage
Macadamia Black Bean Cakes
Macadamia Black Bean Cakes from Blue Sage
Hazlenut Toffee Basket (aka my favorite dessert, ever)
Hazlenut Toffee Basket from Blue Sage

There were also nachos, but the photo was awful. I told you we ate like kings.

***More transition...seriously, more than one post would probably be a good idea.

I had off from work last Friday. I was able to food shop! I made dinner. Holy moley, it was good. Thank you, Veganomicon.

Baked Orange Tofu with Quinoa Mango Black Bean Salad

Orange Tofu with Quinoa Black Bean Salad

I did some major substituting in the quinoa salad. I used red onions instead of scallions, olive oil instead of grape seed oil, apple cider vinegar instead of red wine vinegar. It was still incredible. I want to try to eat like this more regularly. But then I mess up my vow to be healthy and make something like this...


Nutella Ice Cream

Nutella Ice Cream
Delicious! Delicious! Delicious! And not healthy at all! But delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment