Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Simplicity 3692

What the hell. I spent 2 hours putting together this knit top. I should know better. I have no serger. I used a cheap Wal Mart knit with horizontal stripes. I was also an idiot, and cut 2 back yokes instead of 1 front and 1 back. By the time I realized my error, I decided that unpicking seams would make me want to stab myself, and I'd rather just go with the flow. I know a wadder when I see one. I considered this more of a learning experience. Gathering knits: check. Making a yoke and yoke facing: check. More practice attaching sleeves correctly: check. I can wear this to clean the bathroom, so it's not a huge loss.

The pattern is Simplicity 3692. I've seen it done in wovens, and I may try that next. Eventually I'll get a serger and return to the land of knit.

It looks much better on the hanger than it does on me.

Simplicity 3692, Sort of.

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking it's almost time to:
    1. Purchase a serger and 2. make a papertape dummy of myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to hold off until after the holidays and the big January Hawaii trip to spend any more money on myself.

    ReplyDelete