Friday, March 6, 2009

Argument with Self

This morning, I had the following conversation with my self:

"It's Friday, I want a muffin for breakfast."
"Great idea! A corn muffin would be delicious."
-Continue to prepare self for work.
-Complete preparations, proceed to non bedroom areas of house.
-Walk dogs.
-Auto start car.
-Rethink muffin.
"You know, you'll feel terrible after you eat that muffin."
"Probably."
"You know you should just stick with your 2 slices of Pepperidge Farm Cinnamon Raisin Toast and serving of non fat greek yogurt."
"Hmph."
"You can have some pecans as a treat!"
"Ooooh, pecans as a treat!" Pthbbt.

And yet, I just ate my raisin toast, yogurt, and pecans and I don't miss that muffin.

***
I wanted my first post here to be about my recent trip to Hawaii, but I have so much to say about it that I couldn't find time to craft it properly. Thus, you get a ridiculous first post about how I talk to myself, in my head. Yes, I am crazy.

Welcome to my blog. I love purple. I wear glasses. The end.

2 comments:

  1. At least the Bridget Jones' aspect of our writing/thoughts has dwindled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes, just for fun, I revert to bridget jonesese.
    "have eaten salad for lunch."
    "have just completed work out."
    "have decided to waste time on internet all day."

    ReplyDelete